Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Friday, August 24, 2012

Book Review: Fahrenheit 451

Well since I will be doing book reviews often, I decided to make a banner or sign( or whatever it is called). Yeah!! Do you guys like it? Now to the book...

Summary: Guy Montag is a fireman. In his world, where television rules and literature is on the brink of extinction, firemen start fires rather than put them out. His job is to destroy the most illegal of commodities, the printed book, along with the houses in which they are hidden.

Montag never questions the destruction and ruin his actions produce, returning each day to his bland life and wife, Mildred, who spends all day with her television “family.” But then he meets an eccentric young neighbor, Clarisse, who introduces him to a past where people didn’t live in fear and to a present where one sees the world through the ideas in books instead of the mindless chatter of television.

When Mildred attempts suicide and Clarisse suddenly disappears, Montag begins to question everything he has ever known. He starts hiding books in his home, and when his pilfering is discovered, the fireman has to run for his life.
Rating: 4
Review: It is a really intriguing story with a great plot. It is amazing that I read this book for school and that it is was written in the fifties because now there are a ton of dystopian, futuristic books. It is amazing how the author was able to think of a world where everyone is addicted to the Television and how books are being destroyed. Even though in the beginning of the book I hated it because they were burning books and I felt like that is the worst you can do unless it is Twilight then it is allowed, but as the story progressed it ended up having a really deep story and meaning and I loved it! I would have to say it is borderline five, I have to say it is really rare for a book that I read at school to be given a five but this book is just so close to it. 
I would recommend this book for anyone who really likes distopian books or likes to go into a deeper meaning behind a story because this book defiantly has that.
Hope Everyone has a Great Weekend! 
-Jane :D

2 comments:

  1. This book IS amazing! It's perfectly a wonderful dystopian and you get a real feel of everything! I absolutely agree!--the burning books made me depressed and the TV addicting was definitely amazing! It's like how we are now!

    P.S. the banner-thingie looks wonderful! It's an awesome idea! :)

    ReplyDelete