Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Friday, January 18, 2013

Poetry Corner #9

Well since a new semester has stared in school, I no longer have poetry class. Which I really miss, so I really enjoy posting this poems once a week.
Today's poem is pretty short but I enjoy it.

The Sun-Dial at Wells College
     By: Henry Van Dyke

The shadow by my finger cast
Divides the future from the past:
Before it, sleeps the unborn hour
In darkness, and beyond thy power:
Behind its unreturning line,
The vanished hour, no longer thine:
One hour alone is in thy hands,--
The NOW on which the shadow stands.




Have a good weekend!
-Jane

2 comments:

  1. Your semester already started...Wow. Was poetry class an elective? Hopefully, you might get another class that you equally will enjoy.

    <3 This poem is the most beautiful one i've read that you've posted so far. And even though it's short, it's sweet, and beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I'm glad you like it. It's a great poem and has a lot of meaning.

      Delete