Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Book Review: Paper Towns

By: John Green
Pages: 305
Published: October 16, 2008

Summary: Quentin Jacobsen has spent a lifetime loving the magnificently adventurous Margo Roth Spiegelman from afar. So when she cracks open a window and climbs back into his life—dressed like a ninja and summoning him for an ingenious campaign of revenge—he follows.

After their all-nighter ends and a new day breaks, Q arrives at school to discover that Margo, always an enigma, has now become a mystery. But Q soon learns that there are clues—and they’re for him. Urged down a disconnected path, the closer he gets, the less Q sees of the girl he thought he knew.


Rating: 4

Review: This book is funny and clever. I really enjoyed this book. Maybe it was just me but I thought this book was different from John  Green's other books. Yes it was thought-provoking and clever and funny and interesting, but something seemed different. I just can't put my finger on what it was exactly. This book was a really likeable read. 

So the main character Quentin is a normal high school guy in his senior year. One night Margo Roth Spiegelman, the girl who lives next door, together they spend the night doing, well I can't spoil the book for you. In the beginning,  I liked Margo but I didn't love her. She grew on me as the book went on. She was a very mysterious character. 

The book was thought-provoking but it also had a mystery too it. I loved the three parts of the book, they all had meaning behind them. I also loved all the quotes from Walt Whitman I already knew some his poetry so it was really interesting has they tied into the book. It was really a great read. I would definitely recommend it.

P.S. Sorry this review is so short.

Favourite Quotes: “What a treacherous thing to believe that a person is more than a person.”

“That's always seemed so ridiculous to me, that people want to be around someone because they're pretty. It's like picking your breakfeast cereals based on color instead of taste.”

“I'm not saying that everything is survivable. Just that everything except the last thing is.”

“The town was paper, but the memories were not.”

“If you don't imagine, nothing ever happens at all.”

“Maybe all the strings inside him broke.” 


DFTBA
-Jane

3 comments:

  1. I'm guessing it's one of those books you can't say too much about, right? Seriously, why are you tempting me with all these Green book reviews. DX And why do his books have to have such amazing-ness quotes??? XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's kind why John Green can rule the world with his awesomeness! Usually authors write books that become a fandom and the fandom has a name. He is a fandom and we're called Nerfighters (well technically him and his brother Hank). You are missing out on more than you think by not reading these books!

      Delete
  2. That chick that likes books.August 28, 2013 at 5:42 AM

    I've only read a couple of your reviews but they're all fantastic!!!! l can't believe you're a nerdfighter!!!!!
    DFTBA!!!
    P.S: I love exclamation marks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete