Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Monday, April 8, 2013

Book Review: Roar and Liv

Roar and Liv (Under the Never Sky, #0.5)By: Veronica Rossi
Pages: 68 (ebook novella)
Published: October 30, 2012

Before Perry and Aria, there was Roar and Liv.

After a childhood spent wandering the borderlands, Roar finally feels like he has a home with the Tides. His best friend Perry is like a brother to him, and Perry's sister, Liv, is the love of his life. But Perry and Liv's unpredictable older brother, Vale, is the Blood Lord of the Tides, and he has never looked kindly on Roar and Liv's union. Normally, Roar couldn't care less about Vale's opinion. But with food running low and conditions worsening every day, Vale's leadership is more vital—and more brutal—than ever. Desperate to protect his tribe, Vale makes a decision that will shatter the life Roar knew and change the fate of the Tides forever.

Set in the harsh but often beautiful world of Veronica Rossi's "unforgettable" Under the Never Sky (Examiner.com), this captivating prequel novella stands on its own for new readers and offers series fans a fascinating look into the character of Roar. Poignant and powerful, Roar and Liv is a love story that will "capture your imagination and your heart." (Justine on Under the Never Sky)

Rating: 4

Review: For those of you who don't follow the Under the Never Sky Series this is book 0.5.

I love novellas, they are short, simple, they can be very fun. You also gain a lot of insight to the world and the characters. You learn so much about what it was like before Under the Never Sky began and before Perry met Aria. It is from the perspective of Roar. I really loved him in the first two books and I loved learning more about him. I also really enjoyed learning more about Liv (Perry's sister). She is only mentioned in book one and you meet her in book two. After reading this you get a sense of how deep there relationship is. You also learn more about Perry, which I loved since Perry is incredible. I hated Vale, well I hated him tons in the first and second book but still, I hated him again.

Even though this is Under the Never Sky #0.5 I would still read Under the Never Sky first because then you get your introduction to the characters and you learn things about their society that aren't explained in the novella.

This was really cute and I loved learning about Roar and Liv.

“The wise ask questions, Perry. The weak doubt.”

“My ambitions aren't grand. All I have ever wanted is to be there for the two people who mean everything to me. Maybe that's a small goal to others, but it's always felt like enough.”

“'Liv or love?' she asks. I brush her hair away from her neck and rest my hand there, feeling the beating of her pulse. 'Either,' I answer. 'They're the same to me.'”


DFTBA
-Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment