Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Book Review: Towering

15806868By: Alex Flinn
Pages: 293
Release Date: May 14, 2013

Summary: Rachel is trapped in a tower, held hostage by a woman she’s always called Mama. Her golden hair is growing rapidly, and to pass the time, she watches the snow fall and sings songs from her childhood, hoping someone, anyone, will hear her.

Wyatt needs time to reflect or, better yet, forget about what happened to his best friend, Tyler. That’s why he’s been shipped off to the Adirondacks in the dead of winter to live with the oldest lady in town. Either that, or no one he knows ever wants to see him again.

Dani disappeared seventeen years ago without a trace, but she left behind a journal that’s never been read, not even by her overbearing mother…until now.

Rating: 3

Review: I was actually disappointed with this book. After reading Bewitching and Beastly I had high expectations for this book but it just wasn't as good. The plot was harder to follow but the three POV's made it easier to follow because you were able to get more information.

The book is told from three point of views: Rachael, Wyatt and Dani. Rachael is trapped in a tower, Wyatt went to stay in the town his mother grew up in, and Dani went missing eighteen years ago. In the beginning you don't see how the characters connect but as the book goes on all the pieces start to fit together.

This book did not grab me the way Alex Flinn's other books did. It was too insta-love. As soon as Rachael and Wyatt met they fell in love. I can understand that they would want to see each other again especially since Rachael hasn't seen any other people besides Mama in years but that doesn't mean it's automatically love. Sometimes Rachael seems smart but sometimes she's really naive.

The story lacked something, I'm not sure if it was cuteness, or if I was just annoyed because it was to insta-love but this retelling was not as good. It was a Rapunzel retelling but it did not flow as nicely as Flinn's other stories. There were many things that I think the author could have explained better.

I still love Alex Flinn even though this book was not as good. I look forward to read her other books to see if those are all as good as Beastly and Bewitching. I look forward to seeing what her other books have in store.

DFTBA
-Janussa

No comments:

Post a Comment