Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Book Review: Clockwork Angel

7171637Title: Clockwork Angel
Series: The Infernal Devices #1
Author: Cassandra Clare
Pages: 479
Release Date: August 31, 2010

Summary: The year is 1878. Tessa Gray descends into London’s dark supernatural underworld in search of her missing brother. She soon discovers that her only allies are the demon-slaying Shadowhunters—including Will and Jem, the mysterious boys she is attracted to. Soon they find themselves up against the Pandemonium Club, a secret organization of vampires, demons, warlocks, and humans. Equipped with a magical army of unstoppable clockwork creatures, the Club is out to rule the British Empire, and only Tessa and her allies can stop them....

Rating: 3.5

Review: I was very impressed with this book and I loved it much more than City of Bones. I was much more impressed with the story line and with the characters in Clockwork Angel.

Tessa is very strong willed and independent. She is very confused throughout the book and must adjust to everything new she is discovering about the world and she is brave through all of it. She goes to live in the London institute. While there she learns so many new tings and as she begins to lose her family she gains another made up of Charlotte, Henry, Sophie, Will, Jessamine, and Jem. All the characters were wonderful and they all had very distinct characteristics. Will was rude and pushed everyone away. Jem was so sweet and nice and tires to always see the good in things.

The plot was good, I just had a hard time following parts of it. Once she moved into the institute Tessa was able to learn and grow and there were bumps along the road and it was it always perfectly clear. She had to find her brother and help him.

Cassandra Clare's writing is beautiful and elegant. She makes you want to constantly read more and know what will happen to the characters. She draws you into the story so you cannot put it down. By the of the book I wasn't sure if I loved the book because of the story line or because of the wonderful way it was written. I decided it was both.

I definitely recommend Clockwork Angel, especially if you like the Mortal Instruments but even if you didn't this series is much better

Favorite Quotes:

“One must always be careful of books," said Tessa, "and what is inside them, for words have the power to change us.”

“Only the very weak-minded refuse to be influenced by literature and poetry.”

DFTBA
-Janussa :)

1 comment:

  1. Great review! I really like Clockwork Angel but I didn't like Clockwork Prince at all. Can't wait to see your thoughts on the rest of the books in the series!

    ReplyDelete