Hey Welcome to my Blog! Take a look around and I hope you enjoy! Also I would love it if you Followed me!

Sunday, April 27, 2014

Book Review: Allegiant

17383918Title: Allegiant
Series: Divergent #3
Author: Veronica Roth
Release Date: October 22, 2012
Pages: 526
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Source: School Library
Goodreads | Amazon | Barnes and Noble

Summary: The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered—fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she’s known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris’s new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature—and of herself—while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.  

Rating: 4

Review: There is so much to say about this book yet so little that I can say without spoiling anything. Since I do not know how to do HTML for hiding/showing spoilers I will tell you when I get to the spoiler part.

This book answers so many questions you might have about the world in Divergent. The duel perspectives really made me understand both Tobias and Tris better. It was nice to learn more about Tobias and I realized that I'm more like him than Tris. I think many people want to be like Tris brave and selfless but most of us aren't. Tobias built walls around himself so that he couldn't be hurt more than he already had been. Tris was the only one who was able to help bring those walls down.

I loved how Veronica Roth was able to explain the creation and how he society became he way it did and how the government fits into all of it, it is very fascinating. It adds a new level to he story since we are able to know how the society became this way, it makes it much more realistic than it just being this is how it is period.

I want to tell you so much about what happens but I cannot because there is very little I can say about this book. I definitely recommend reading it. 

Spoilers below do not read below if you have not read the book
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
-
Everyone is so mad about the ending but I think it was inevitable. If Tris had not died when she did she would have continued to make risky choices so should could save everyone she loves. She has been through so much and she was so strong through everything. I love Tris and I hope you in know way think I don't I do. Tris took so many risks in Insurgent and it's a miracle she didn't die she has come so close to death. In Insurgent she was okay with dying for herself so she wouldn't have to deal with the pain of losing her parents. Throughout the series she dances with death. She knew there was a good chance she would not survive at the end of Allegiant. Everything she does is to protect people. She goes into a room full of poisonous gas so her brother wouldn't have to. Caleb, the brother that betrayed he and worked with Jennine Matthews, she saved him even through she could have let him did for what he did to her. I love Tris but she always did what she thought was right and was able to save so many people from what she did. Tris is hero to everyone. 

I hope you can see why I feel this way about Tris's death. It was not the happiest ending but it was the most realistic bases on Tris's past actions.

I hope what I wrote above makes sense, if not sorry.

DFTBA
-Janussa 

2 comments:

  1. I love your review. I completely agree with what you said about how Tris dieing was simply inevitable, it was bound to happen. I feel as though her heroic death completley fit her character, but it was sooooo sad!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was SO sad and I'm glad someone understands my point :)

      Delete